Fine Art America

Thursday, March 10, 2022

Nosaka

Nosaka comes to me from the strength of the young tennis champion Naomi Osaka. Established in 1997 this champion won my attention with her struggle with her challenges. The battle that ensued while she managed to address her challenges and say no to the sports and tennis world was outstanding. To say no to millions of dollars while on top of her game. She is breath of fresh air to all who struggle with taken time off instead of hard charging into death through mental illness. Her decision to leave the game for an indefinite amount of time speaks volumes. There is a piece in the bible written by King David which I believe speaks to her heart.  The king worships God with this;

 I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works ; my soul knows it very well.     Psalm 139:14

     In these trying times we need to be reminded of the challenges we face in our mental health . Be encouraged to address and confront them instead of saving face and going off the deep end to please others. Remember it is our uniqueness which presents our greatness unto the glory (goodness) of God. Amen

No comments: