Fine Art America

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Jehovah Shalom




Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the LORD JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.
Isaiah 12: 2

Finding peace in the midst of our daily lives can present a challenge for us. Without the presence of a covenant keeping fair and just Lord we become slaves to the very issues that he bled and died for.. As we swing into the later part of this year it is those issues that we chose to take on in our own strength that will remove us from the refuge and shelter provided by Him. Notice how in the Old and New Testaments the witnesses of God's glory visits those issues that are present when we make the choice to exclude God and not allow him in the presence of our circumstances or challenges. Psalm 91 opens with this jewel of wisdom . It reads
" He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High( God the Father) shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.(God the Son (Jesus))
I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress( the Holy Spirit): my God; in him will I trust."
It is in this manner that we find His pleasure and protection. It is a act that is contingent upon a choice made of self.. No one can make it for you, coach you to it ,or encase it in a building, club, clck , or culture. It is written and programmed into your heart. It was and still is God's intention to be Lord over your present life and your eternal one. Allow him to be Lord Jehovah and the peace for you today. Take time to trust Him in all of your affairs. Let Him be your saving grace and the sweet and glorius song off your lips. Remember He is your salvation
Amen

No comments: